Dr. Aldridge's Shout Outs
Jack Anderson Elementary
Dr. Aldridge’s Shout Outs and Announcements
Monday, December 5. 2016
GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT JACK ANDERSON!
- JAE Joyfully Welcomes Grandparents this Week!
- Kindergarten: December 5th, Program, Breakfast & Student-led Tour 9:15-10:30am
- First Grade: December 6th, Program, Breakfast & Student-led Tour 9:15-10:30am
- 2nd and 3rd Grades: December 7th, Breakfast & Student-led Tour 8:00-8:40am
- 4th and 5th Grades: December 8th, Breakfast & Student-led Tour 8:00-8:40am
- Pie 5 Spirit & Fellowship Tonight: Join JAE friends at Pie 5 tonight for fellowship and fun! Tell Pie 5 you’re with JAE and a 20% goes to back to JAE PTO!
- Holiday Performance: Our 4th & 5th Graders will have a Winter Musical performance this Thursday Night at 6pm. Join us!
- Need Book Fair Helpers: Please sign up to volunteer using the following link:
The book fair will be OPEN LATE until 7:30PM on Thursday Night.
- Shout out to Our Amazing Cafeteria Staff & Lunch Volunteers: JAE’s holiday meals this year have been delicious, and we want to thank our Cafeteria Staff led by JAE’s joyful manager, Jennifer Osborne! Many people helped make last Friday a success. Special thanks to Allison Mills, Brandi Pettis, Anna Valley, Celeste Bontemps, Wendy Hardt, Leanna Baker, Morgan Curlee, Poppie Darling, Jacquelyn Poarch, Brandi Roddy, Tressa Sanders, Jessi Prestage, Ruth Carufe, Sabrina Young, Destiny Osborne, & Rickyna Springs .
- Box Tops Winners: Congratulations to Reece Davis last week’s PTO Box Top $5 Winner. Thank you for continuing to send Box Tops and Labels for Education! They really do make a difference!
- Deck the Halls! Thank you to Morgan Curlee and Cindy Eberly for decorating the front of the school with beautiful greenery! Everything looks beautiful!
STEM-task-tic: Our students designed “Perfect Packages” last week. Each group was given a fragile water balloon. They designed an impact resistant package that would sustain drops & throws. Most of the water balloons resisted impacts!
STEM Lab: It's “All about the Wind" this week, as our third graders visit the STEM lab and construct weather instruments that measure and/or demonstrate wind direction. Criteria: Instruments must be durable, be free-standing, and either measure wind speed, point out wind direction, or detect wind.
Join me in Celebrating December JAE Teacher and Staff Birthdays!
* 3rd Kay Whitley * 5th Lesley Stark * 20th Donna Wise * 20th Judy Goodall *
* 21st Heidi Sons * 23rd Runez Downs * 28th Cindy Sentell *
Intro To STEM