Dr. Aldridge's Shout Outs
Jack Anderson Elementary
Dr. Aldridge’s Shout Outs and Announcements
Monday, February 13, 2017
GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT JACK ANDERSON!
- Deep Appreciation to all the AMAZING VOLUNTEERS who are working behind the scenes organizing carnival donations, Epic festivities, and Carnival games. It is so beautiful to see everyone giving time for our precious school. The auction will go live this Thursday. Get ready to have fun bidding and please know how much I appreciate our school family! If you have any spare time, feel free to stop by the PTO cottage this week for fellowship as you volunteer.
- Valentine’s Day: Tomorrow, every class will have a low-key Valentine exchange. We do not allow boyfriends and girlfriends at JAE, so Valentines need to be equitable for all students. As a reminder, the office does not accept deliveries of any kind for students (balloons, flowers, cookies, etc).
- Presidents’ Day Holiday: There will be no school next Monday, Feb 20th or Tuesday, Feb 21st. Enjoy your long weekend!
- Parent Conferences: Your child’s teacher will host parent conferences by appointment next Tuesday, February 21st from 1-7pm. If you need an appointment, please email the teacher.
- Box Top Winner: Congratulations to Lawson Hastings (S. Moore) for winning the $5 PTO Box Top drawing.
- Substitutes Needed: We really need substitute teachers. JAE family and friends over 22 years of age, if you are interested, please contact JAE’s secretary, Donna Wise, at 615-264-5830. Thank you!
- STEM-task-tic Friday: In last week's challenge, students learned about capillary action and did an experiment using food coloring in the water of a carnation. Every student received a carnation for the experiment. The students were fascinated with how quickly the carnation’s petals changed colors!
- STEM Lab: First graders are engineering sleds this week and learning how load, friction, and slope impact a sled’s performance.
PTO Carnival & Auction Weekend
Online Bidding starts this Thursday!
* Ready to BID? Go to www.biddingforgood.com/jaecarnival to bid and purchase your EPIC tickets and Carnival Wristbands. Make sure to bookmark this site! Online bidding opens February 16th.
* Congratulations JAE! EVERY class met or exceeded the 20 points needed to qualify for the DISCO GLOW DANCE PARTY on March 8th! Thanks to EVERYONE for pulling together to make this year’s Carnival a success! We are so blessed! Make sure to set up your account on www.biddingforgood.com/jaecarnival so you can start bidding. We have many, many, many AWESOME items this year!
* TOP WINNER OVERALL – Ms. Bagwell’s Class! Their parents banded together to bring in more than $9,000 in carnival donations and sponsorships! Wow! Their class will get to choose a custom STEM Experience for their class! Ms. Lehman’s class was a fierce competitor with their parents bringing in more than $7,000! Way to go!
Join me in celebrating February JAE Teacher and Staff Birthdays!
3rd Karah Lewis * 4th Lindsey Moore * 8th Allison Ligon * 8th Sara Tumlin * 9th Ruth Lester
10th Robin Madison * 10th Shelby Meikrantz * 14th Beth Gray * 14th Mahlon Hellman * 25th Cynthia Cox
Intro To STEM