Dr. Aldridge's Shout Outs
Jack Anderson Elementary
Dr. Aldridge’s Shout Outs and Announcements
Monday, April 24, 2017
GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT JACK ANDERSON!
- 3rd-5th TN Ready Testing: JAE formed a cheer tunnel today to encourage all our 3-5th graders to give their best effort on the test this week. Encouragement is truly magical!
3rd-5th graders will be testing Tuesday-Friday this week. Please make sure your child is rested, at school on time, has had a healthy breakfast,
and knows you are proud of them for giving their best effort.
Let’s celebrate all we know!
- Proctors for State Achievement Testing are Needed: (morning & afternoon openings)
or click here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b45acaf29a2fc1-2017
We appreciate your support!
- Thank you to Proctors who served last week & many who plan to help again: Angela Fleming, Pat Loftis, Jennifer Garner, Ginny Murray, Shannon Jackson, Tasha Freels, Ashley Hollis, Leah Beth Mason, Megan Munn, Rebecca Mills, Dimple Krisko, Deanne DeWitt, Steven Riley, Karen Fadlallah, Connie Herron, Bambi Cook, Phillip Baker, Pat Baker, Ashley Bell, Danelle Ralph, Amie McGinn, Chris Sanford, Sarah Mueller, Kimberly Boocher, Amanda Williams, Jeannine Kaczmarek, and Jennifer Fesmire.
- JAE Earth Day Book Exchange: The children had a blast selecting new books. I wanted to bottle up their enthusiasm for reading! Thank you to Angela Fleming, Teressa Jackson, Shannon Jackson, Leah Reed, Susan Alfieri, Melissa Hunt, Susan Johnson, Runez Downs, and Lisa Smith for facilitating.
- Kindergarten Registrationlast Friday was WONDERFUL! Thank you to our parents who helped the day go smoothly & welcomed new families with JOY: Jennifer Fesmire, Angela Fleming, Amanda Williams, Ashley Hollis, Brandi Pettis, Tasha Freels, Jill Brewer, Ashley Bell, Shannon Jackson, Sarah Alexander, Jana Dover, Gabbi Morris, Stacey Davis, Kori Wofford, Heather Hehn, Linda Jones, Laura Trantum, and Anna Valley. If you know someone who didn’t make it to kindergarten registration, please have them contact Leanna Baker.
- PTO Box Top Winner:Congratulations to Zoe Allen (Jones, 5th grade) who won the PTO Box Top Drawing! PTO would like all families to send in Box Tops & Soup Labels before summer. Thank you!
- STEM Lab: Second graders are learning about erosion this week. Teams are working together to protect their land from erosion. While staying within a budget, they must engineer a way to slow down or prevent their soil from eroding off of their property. Students will test out different strategies including building retaining walls, planting trees and bushes, and/or covering land with mulch or sod.
- STEM-task-tic: Last week’s challenge was an "Egg"specially good one! Students worked in small groups to design and build a contraption that would protect their egg from a 4-foot drop. BIG FUN!
- STEM Recyclables:If you have newspaper to recycle, please send some to your homeroom teacher for this Friday’s STEMtasktic Challenge. Thank you.
Join me in celebrating April JAE Teacher and Staff Birthdays!
2nd Kyla Jordan * 11th Kara Freebern * 18th Cammy Fitzgerald *22 Jennifer Osborne *30th Kayce Jones
Intro To STEM