Dr. Aldridge's Shout Outs
Jack Anderson Elementary
Dr. Aldridge’s Shout Outs and Announcements
Monday, March 13, 2017
GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT JAE!
- Shout out to grandmothers, Frankie & Pat, for treating our staff to a wonderful red beans and rice lunch last week.
- PTO Box Top Winner: Congratulations to Annabelle Erlewine in Mrs. Wilson’s 2nd grade Class for winning the $5 Box Top Drawing.
- Spread the Word: Kindergarten Registration is Friday, April 21st, 9am-Noon
- Whole Class Pictures with your child’s teacher are this Wed. Please pre-pay $12.
- Wednesday Night is JAE Spirit & Fellowship Night at Texas Roadhouse from 4 to 8pm. Please bring the flyer with you for it to count for JAE. The flyer will be in your child’s backpack tomorrow.
- PTO Meeting is this Thursday at 9:30am in the Café. Newcomers are welcome!
- Concert this Thursday Night: Kindergarten will have a spring Concert Thursday,6pm
- Spring Break: No School next week, March 20th -24th
STEM Lab: Fifth graders are using their knowledge of potential/kinetic energy and Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion to design balloon cars
STEM-task-tic Challenge: Last Friday, students tested different liquids and compared their densities. The STEM academic vocabulary word was density.
Join me in celebrating March JAE Teacher and Staff Birthdays!
3rd Julie Sanderson * 3rd Lisa Smith * 3rd Tressa Sanders * 6th Susan Davis * 7th Lisa Coley
16th Syrena Moore * 18th Sabrina Young * 26th Leanna Baker * 27th “Miss Dodie” Craig
Message from JAE PTO
We had an extremely successful Carnival due to the generous donations we received. If you received a donation from a business or personal contact, please make sure to send a thank you. PTO has blank thank you cards available and will be happy to mail the notes for you. You can write them, send them in (ATTN: PTO) with your child, and we will be happy to add the postage. We will have the thank you cards available at the PTO meeting and will also make them available to your PTO Class Coordinators. Simply contact your coordinator, if you need them. We are so thankful to everyone for the amazing support!
Intro To STEM